2017 TIS Promotional Video
This video is a collaborative MYP Service as Action project by four students in Grades 8, 9, and 10 in the 2016-17 school year. It introduces many aspects of our school, including our school’s mission and concept.
*Please note that the gymnasium that appears in the video is a local public gym. The school does not yet have a gymnasium.
2017 An Aerial View of Tsukuba International School
2012 TIS Promotional Video
This video was originally a slideshow that was made for Tsukuba International Festival! We set it to music and put it on our website. So many things have changed since then. It seems like more than five years ago.
- Our new mission statement (Tsukuba International School: A compassionate learning community, centered in nature, celebrating diversity, equality, and opportunity).
- We now have a second 10 classroom school building.
- We are authorized for the PYP, the MYP, and the DP.
- There are now 21 PYP schools, 11 MYP schools, and 29 DP schools in Japan.
- We have 195 students. The largest class has 20 students and the smallest (3 year old class) has 7. We have 39 staff members.
- We have full-time teachers for Art and Physical Education. We still have part-time teachers in Music.
- In the PYP, students have three Japanese classes per week. In the MYP, they have five Japanese classes per week.
- We no longer have grass on the PYP field as we have played too much soccer on it over the years!
- We have three school buses.
- We have dedicated library space.
- The assembly room is twice the size.
- Students in Grades 4 to 10 must bring in their laptops every day.
- Tsukuba’s population has increased to 227,334.