1. Fill out the online form to express your interest in finding out more about Tsukuba International School.
2. Consider attending one of our Monthly School Tours. This will give you a chance to meet the teachers, see the facilities, and ask questions about the curriculum. Click here to make a reservation to attend one of the Monthly School Tours.
3. Confirm that your child is eligible to attend the school by reading about our eligibility requirements.
4. If you decide that you would like to enroll your child in Tsukuba International School, request an interview through our online interview request form.
6. Your child will have an assessment interview with a teacher, and you (the child’s parents or guardians) will be interviewed by the principal. If your child is not fluent in English, he/she will also be given a test of English proficiency.
7. After the initial interview, the school will decide whether or not your child will be admitted, based on the teacher’s recommendations. Notification of the decision will be given within one week of the interview.
8. If the teachers feel that they need more information to make a decision, further assessment may be arranged.
9. Once your child has been accepted, fill out the remaining application forms (pages 12 to 16) and return them and any supporting materials (immunization records and any existing school transcripts) to the school.
10. Transfer the application fee and registration fee by bank transfer. Payment will hold your child’s place and should be paid immediately upon acceptance to TIS.