Please click on the following links for the rates for our Regular Programs (Sept-June) and Headstart Programs (April-June).
Fees for the September 2017 to June 2018 Academic Year
- Regular Program Rates (September 2017 to June 2018)
- Spring Headstart Program Rates (April to June 2018)
- Lump Sum Discount (10%)
Tuition fees can be paid in one lump sum (on or before August 1), or in three payments (due August 1, November 1, and March 1). Families who pay total annual fees in one lump sum on or before August 1 receive a 10% discount on tuition fees.
- Sibling Discount (50%)
The tuition fees for the second (and any subsequent) child who enrolls from a particular family are discounted by 50%. The sibling discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
- Tsukuba Science City Network Agreement (Discount for children of international researchers)
Tsukuba International School has a cooperative agreement with Tsukuba Science City Network. International researchers who work for research institutes and universities that belong to the Tsukuba Science City Network can benefit from reduced tuition fees. This is the school’s way of contributing to an environment that allows research institutes in Tsukuba to invite top level researchers from abroad to come to Tsukuba. (More information.)
Note: The program rates are comprised of two one-time enrollment fees (application and registration fees) and four annual fees (facilities, materials, tuition, and activity fees). The above discounts only apply to the tuition fee. The one-time enrollment fees and the annual fees must be paid in full by all students, including siblings.
Tuition fees will be assessed on a per-term basis for any partial year that a student attends upon enrollment. The facilities, materials, and activities fees will be assessed in full for any student starting at any time before the first day of the third term. For the third term, the Headstart program rates apply.
Some scholarships are available for children in need of financial support. Please contact us to discuss your options.
All fees must be paid by bank transfer (furikomi) by the due dates. No cheques or foreign currencies will be accepted.
If the fees are not paid by the due date for each term a late fee of 1,000 yen per day will be charged until payment is made. If payment is not made within two weeks of the beginning of the term, the student will be dismissed from classes.
Tuition fees are based on academic terms. Refunds for early withdrawal will be given, in cases where annual fees have been paid in full, based on the following schedule.
- Withdrawal on or before the first day of school reported by August 15 — No refund of application fee or registration fee. Full refund of facilities, materials, activities and tuition fees.
- Withdrawal between the first day of Term 1 and last day of Term 1 reported by September 1 — No refund of application fee, registration fee, facilities fee, materials fee, or activities fee. Refund of Term 2 and 3 tuition fees.
- Withdrawal between the first day of Term 2 and January 31 reported by October 15 — No refund of application fee, registration fee, facilities fee, materials fee, or activities fee. Refund of Term 3 tuition fees.
- Withdrawal on or after February 1 — No refund of application fee, registration fee, facilities/material fee, or tuition fees.
In cases when a student will not stay for a full year, and when that situation is reported to the school before the student commences study for that year, a pro-rated fee for tuition may be negotiated based on the amount of time the student will be in attendance. Please consult the school for more details.