Current status of this position: accepting applications
Tsukuba International School (TIS) offers an international education for children from age 3 to 18 (preschool to Grade 12). We are an IB World School authorized to implement the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), and Diploma Programme (DP) of the International Baccalaureate (IB).
We are currently seeking bus monitors to start immediately.
The job of the bus monitor is as follows.
- take attendance for the bus that they are assigned to monitor
- assist students with getting on and off the bus
- monitor students while they are on the bus
- maintain safety and order on the bus
- ensure that all students are wearing seatbelts
- provide first aid to students who require such assistance
- provide guidance during emergency situations, operate emergency window exits
- maintain contact with the school and with parents, as necessary
- maintain confidentiality
- other duties as assigned
We require monitors for the following days and times. The bus monitors who are hired will share coverage of these routes.
Pledge of Non-Discrimination
Tsukuba International School is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We will not discriminate against any student, prospective student, employee, or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We will take measures to ensure against such discrimination in all of our services and practices.
The following are non-negotiable credentials for applying for this position.
- English proficiency
- ideally some Japanese ability (for communicating with the bus drivers and some parents)
- ability to work well with children
- ability to communicate well with children and adults
- ability to pay attention to safety
- have a cellphone with a connection to a mobile network
- have a car, or be able to get to Banpaku Kinen Koen Station on the Tsukuba Express line
- qualifications in first aid and CPR (can be obtained after the start of the contract
NOTE: All successful candidates will be required to undergo training for child protection and submit a criminal history background check, or similar, for all countries that they have worked in, as a condition of employment.
Range of Experience
We hope to find a candidate with the following range of experience.
- previous experience working with children
- Working hours: part-time, two or three days per week, one shift of either 1 hour, 3 hours, or 3.5 hours per day
- Pay: 1500 yen per hour
- Term of contract: first contract will be until June 30, 2023, possible to renew contract from August 2023 to June 2024
- Visa sponsorship: not available
Submit a resume outlining your education and employment history (including your current position) and a one-page cover letter stating why you are interested in this position and what you could contribute to our school. Include your last name in the name of the documents (e.g. “Smith Resume.pdf”, “Smith Cover Letter.pdf”).
Submit your documents to this folder.
Applicants chosen for interviews will be required to provide three references, preferably former employers, and copies of relevant degrees and certificates. Interviews may take place in person or online.
Applications are due by May 15, 2023, but we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be considered as soon as they arrive and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We hope to make the final hiring decision by May 19, 2023.
We apologize, but only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Documents that are submitted to the school will not be returned.
We look forward to hearing from you.