Tsukuba International School has an extensive library of books for both students and teachers. There are currently around 10,000 volumes in our collection. All students are given library accounts and can borrow books and other resources from our library.
Our library includes the following resources.
- Picture books in English and Japanese
- Elementary and secondary fiction books in English and Japanese
- Sakura Medal nominees from 2012
- Graphic novels
- Books in languages represented in our school community (e.g. Korean, French, etc.)
- Non-fiction books in English and Japanese
- Reference books in English and Japanese
- Teacher resource books
- Newspapers and magazines, such as Japan Times, New York Times, Aesthetica, National Geographic, Time, etc.
- Online databases, such as Encyclopedia Britannica, Explora, Oxford Art Online, etc.
- Official documents from the International Baccalaureate
- Official school documents, such as student schedules, school policies, etc.
- Chromebooks that students can check out if their computers are not working
Our library collection can be searched through our public catalog: library.tis.ac.jp.