2017 TIS Promotional Video
This video is a collaborative MYP Service as Action project by four students in Grades 8, 9, and 10 in the 2016-17 school year. It introduces many aspects of our school, including our school’s mission and concept.
*Please note that the gymnasium that appears in the video is a local public gym. The school does not yet have a gymnasium.
2017 An Aerial View of Tsukuba International School
2012 TIS Promotional Video
This video was originally a slideshow that was made for Tsukuba International Festival! We set it to music and put it on our website. So many things have changed since then.
- Our new mission statement (Tsukuba International School: A compassionate learning community, centered in nature, celebrating diversity, equality, and opportunity).
- We now have a second 10 classroom school building.
- We have 15 grades from preschool to Grade 12.
- We are authorized for the PYP, the MYP, and the DP and accredited by the Council of International Schools
- There are now more PYP, MYP, and DP schools in Japan.
- We have around 260 students and over 40 staff members.
- We have full-time teachers for Art, Physical Education, and Music.
- In the PYP, students have six Japanese classes over two weeks. In the MYP, they have nine Japanese classes over two weeks.
- We no longer have grass on the PYP field as we have played too much soccer on it over the years!
- We have three school buses.
- We have dedicated library space and a qualified librarian.
- The assembly room is twice the size.
- Students in Grades 4 to 12 must bring in their laptops every day.
- Tsukuba’s population has increased.