WHO are we?
Our mission describes the nature of our school community and serves as the basis for our school programmes. It also informs our day-to-day interactions with each other.
Tsukuba International School
A compassionate learning community,
centered in nature,
celebrating diversity, equality, and opportunity
WHAT are we aiming for?
Our vision describes our identity as a school and serves as the basis for our strategic planning.
Tsukuba International School is a small school that uses an “at home” approach to deliver a world-class education in a natural environment.
The school fosters its noted strengths, including its highly professional teachers, its location in Tsukuba Science City, and its strong community spirit to reach its goals.
School-Wide Learning Objectives
WHY are we here?
Our school-wide learning objectives describe the kinds of students we want to graduate from our school.
Our students learn:
- to be critical thinkers in order to foster peace and understanding
- to be creative thinkers in order to find innovative solutions to problems great and small
- to demonstrate integrity in all interactions in order to foster trust
- to become ethical stewards of our shared resources
- to communicate and collaborate in order to make a positive contribution to their communities
Definition of International Mindedness
At Tsukuba International School, we believe that international-mindedness is:
- understanding, accepting, and celebrating human diversity
- having a sense of our own identity while respecting others, regardless of their cultures, beliefs, or values
- engaging with the global community to gain a variety of perspectives and to foster a belief in our shared humanity and guardianship of the planet
- being able to communicate with empathy and compassion, by speaking with our own voice and listening with an open mind
- being a responsible global citizen by making a contribution and taking action to make the world a better place for all
Pledge of Non-Discrimination
Tsukuba International School is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We will not discriminate against any student, prospective student, employee, or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We will take measures to ensure against such discrimination in all of our services and practices.